Welcome to ERYRI Ramblers / Croeso i Cerddwyr ERYRI
Our group activities: * Walking and Scrambling * Social Events * Footpath Maintenance *
We are a welcoming, friendly group. If you a newcomer to walking or a regular walker interested in trying something new, contact us or simply join us for one of our walks. Come and try us out for two or three walks and see how things go.
We have great walks, ranging from short, easy strolls, amazing cliff walks along the stunning Llyn coastline to superb ridge walks and scrambles in Snowdonia.
Also we have a popular range of social events: a long weekend, annual dinner plus a quiz night (see below).
Joining the Ramblers, Britain’s major organisation for walkers, will seem the natural, healthy thing to do!
Putting something back, we have a team of enthusiastic volunteers Tim Taclo working in liaison with Gwynedd Council to improve footpaths.
Their efforts are appreciated by local communities and fellow walkers.
We have strong links and share walks with all Ramblers Groups in North Wales, particularly:
Ynys Mon, Conwy Valley, Vale of Clwyd, Clwydian, Meirionnydd and Llyn Ramblers. See the Ramblers website for all North Wales Walks.
To all members of Eryri Ramblers and Guests: Re-starting Covid Safe Group Walks 17 August 2020
Good News! - The Government and The Ramblers have given permission to re-start group walks subject to stringent Covid 19 regulations.
Our Committee has agreed guidelines for walkers and leaders:
We will leave it up our walk leaders to publish "pop up" walks on Eryri Facebook 3 to 4 days beforehand to maximise the chance of good weather.
We will limit numbers to 15 (or less if the walk is tough): please text or Facebook message (do not phone) the walk leader for permission to come, anyone turning up without booking maybe disappointed.
Hopefully we should end the year with some great walks on fine days.
1. As the number of Saturdays is limited, we allow one "C" or "D" walk plus one "A" or "B" walk.
2. Members who are off-line should team up with an on-line "buddy".
3. Check your 1st aid kit, bring a mask, hand sanitiser and gloves in case you need to assist someone at close quarters.
4. Keep 2 metres apart, avoid touching gates etc. if possible, don't share food, drink, equipment or cars (unless a family group)
5. Ramblers Insurance covers us if published on Eryri Ramblers Facebook, our website or Twitter @EryriRamblers
6. Leaflet "Ramblers Restart: Taking part in COVID-safe walks (Eryri), list of Eryri walk leaders contact numbers plus Ordnance Survey map login info attached - please keep confidential.
Keep safe, follow the guidelines and simply enjoy getting out again.
Dafydd and Roy
Dogs – The North Wales Ramblers Area Council have ruled:
North Wales is predominantly a livestock farming area and many of our leaders will not allow dogs on their walks apart from registered assistance dogs. Those with such assistance dogs should phone the leader to discuss stiles or other obstacles on the route.
To be advised when Covid 19 risk diminishes
(Connects to the Ramblers website)
Non committee members:-
• Membership Val Kressman
• Footpaths Graham Fitch + Tim Taclo Llybrau (Footpath Team)
Snowdonia National Park and Pen Llyn